Friday, March 18, 2011

Not so much, Gov.

This made me scream in my car on the way to work today:
Cuomo: School aid advocates making bogus threats (from the AP)

Is he serious?
Um, Governor Cuomo? Is it politics that I have a letter saying I don't have a job next year? Is that a game to you? Because to me, it's very, very serious, and very, very worrying. By all means, if you think it's a big joke, could you let my school in on the punchline? Because they showed us our budget, and we have to make up a 3.5 million dollar deficit under your budget....and while it's nice to think that reducing administrative salaries would fix that, sadly, they do not make in the millions here in Upstate, NY. This is not Westchester. This is not LI. This is Binghamton, NY, and these are the cuts we're facing:

Chenango Forks: 41 positions
Owego: 45 positions
Binghamton: 47 positions
Johnson City: 48 possible positions
Whitney Point: Rumored 15 positions (no documentation available)

...and the hits keep coming. If only our silly, politically-motivated schools would stop "playing games".

No comments:

Post a Comment